Category : Recipes
Sub Category : Vegan/Vegetarian
• 5-6 Medium Sized Arbi/Taro/Colocasia Roots
• 1 Medium Sized Onion Finely Chopped
• 2 Tomatoes Puree
• ½ cup Yogurt
• 2 Green Chili Chopped
• 1-2 tsp Grated Ginger
• 1 tsp Garlic Paste
• 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
• 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
• 1 tsp Garam Masala
• ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
• ¼ tsp Mustard seeds
• 2 Big Cardamom
• 1 tsp Kasuri Methi
• Pinch of Hing/Asafoetida
• 2 tbsp Oil
• Oil for Deep Frying
• Chopped Coriander Leaves for Garnishing
1. Wash Arbi, boil or cook it into a pressure cooker with required water and salt for 2-3 whistle.
2. Once cool down, peel the Arbi roots and cut it into big cubes.
3. Heat oil in a kadhai for deep frying. Fry Arbi cubes till golden and crispy outside, remove it on absorbent paper and keep aside.
4. Heat 2 tbsp oil in another kadhai. Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, big cardamom and pinch of hing.
5. Add chopped green chili, garlic, chopped onion and sauté it till golden brown.
6. Now add grated ginger, tomato puree and again sauté it for two minutes. Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and fry or sauté it till oil separated.
7. Add yogurt, stir it continuously, mix it well and stir it till boiling point. Add ¼ cup water and boil the gravy again with continue stirring.
8. Now add fried Arbi cubes, salt, kasuri methi and mix it well, cover it and cook it for 3-4 minutes on medium to low flame.
9. Dum Arbi is ready now, garnish it with coriander leaves. You could server with any Indian flat bread.
- No Comments