Sookha Kala Chana Recepi | Honey'z Corner Read Count : 13
Category : Recipes
Sub Category : Vegan/Vegetarian
- 200 g Kala chana
- 2 Tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- spices required
- 1/4 tsp ajwain/carrom seeds
- 1 tsp cumin powder/jeera powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder/dhania powder
- 1 tsp mango powder/amchur
- 1 tsp ginger powder/saunth
- 1 tsp kasuri methi/dried fenugreek leaves
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Soaking and Pressure Cooking the Sookha Kala Chana Recipe
- To make sookhe kale chane recipe we have to first soak it overnight or for 4-5 hours.
- Take a bowl and wash the dry kala chana under running cold water until water runs out clear.
- After that take a bowl with enough water and soak the black chana overnight or for 4-5 hours.
- When they are well soaked, they appear larger in size. Now, discard the water and keep the chana aside for pressure cooking it.
- In a pressure cooker and add 2 cups of water in it.
- Add the dry kala chana in the cooker and pressure cook it on low flame for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes open the lid, chana must be cooked by now. You can check it by pressing one with your thumb and forefinger. If it mashes easily then it is cooked well.
- Cooking the Recipe
- In a bowl mix all spices except cumin seeds and dissolve in 3-4 tbsp of water.
- Heat a pan and add oil in it.
- Let the oil smoke and then add cumin in the pan. When the cumin starts to crackle add green chillies and grated ginger in it.
- Saute them for 30 seconds and then add the bowl of mixed spices in water in it.
- Roast the spices for 2-3 mins on low heat.
- Then add boiled kala chana in it.
- Mix them well and cook for another 5-6 min on slow heat.
- When the kala chana is well cooked add coriander leaves and turn off the heat.
- Serve with poori and halwa.
- No Comments