Lemon Pickle Read Count : 37
Category : Recipes
Sub Category : Vegan/Vegetarian
- 5 lime or lemon, preferably yellow coloured and thin skinned
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp kashmiri red chili powder / lal mirch powder, add more if you prefer spicy
- ½ tsp turmeric powder / haldi
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- ¼ tsp methi / fenugreek seeds, dry roasted and powdered
- 1 tbsp salt, adjust to your taste
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp mustard oil / any oil
- 1 tsp mustard / rai
- ½ tsp hing / asafoetida
- firstly, in a pressure cooker take lemon / lime. use yellow coloured and thin skinned lemon to avoid the bitterness.
- also add approx. 1 cup of water.
- and pressure cook for 5 whistles or boil till lemons are soft. make sure not to cut the lemon and cook, as the juice turns bitter.
- lemon looks soft and might have few cuts on them. do not worry, as it indicates lemons are cooked well.
- now take off the cooked lemon leaving behind the water.
- cut the lemons into quarter pieces or pieces as you desire.
- additionally add red chili powder, turmeric, mustard powder, methi powder and salt.
- also add lemon juice as required to adjust the consistency.
- mix well and keep aside.
- now prepare the tempering, by heating mustard oil or any oil. be generous in addition of oil, as they help pickle to store longer.
- add mustard seeds and hing.
- allow to splutter.
- further pour the tempering onto the prepared pickle.
- give a good mix making sure the oil is floating from sides.
- finally, serve instant lemon pickle immediately or store in a airtight container. pickle stays fresh for a week without refrigerating.
- No Comments