Bottarga Pasta Read Count : 12
Category : Recipes
Sub Category : Snacks
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup coarsely ground breadcrumbs (from a baguette ground in a food processor)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound bucatini or perciatelli pasta
- 6 cloves Martha's Roasted Garlic
- 4 garlic cloves, very thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons grated bottarga, plus more ungrated for garnish (about 3 ounces total)
- 3 tablespoons very coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Heat 2 tablespoons oil and the butter in a skillet over medium heat until butter foams. Add breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper. Cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 1 tablespoon salt and the pasta, and cook until al dente.
Meanwhile, heat remaining 3 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Squeeze pulp from skins of roasted garlic into skillet, and add sliced garlic. Cook 2 minutes. Using tongs, transfer pasta directly from boiling water to skillet. Toss to coat. Add 2 tablespoons grated bottarga, the parsley, and half the breadcrumbs, and toss. Transfer to a platter. Season with salt.
Sprinkle pasta with remaining breadcrumbs. Grate a generous amount of bottarga on top. Serve.
- No Comments