Instant Kalakand Read Count : 38
Category : Recipes
Sub Category : Desserts
- 2 cups paneer / cottage cheese, grated
- 1 tin, 397gm milkmaid / condensed milk
- 2 tbsp milk powder
- ½ tsp cardamom powder / elachi powder
- 2 tsp pistachios, chopped
- 1 tsp ghee / clarified butter, to grease plate
- firstly, in a large kadai or nonstick pan take crumbled paneer. use fresh homemade panner as they will be more moist and fresh.
- further add milkmaid.
- also add milk powder to make kalakand more whitish.
- mix well making sure the condensed milk and paneer are mixed well.
- mix and mash continuously till the mixture thickens.
- keep the flame on medium and keep stirring.
- cook on medium flame till the milkmaid melts completely.
- and the mixture starts to thicken.
- further add cardamom powder and mix well.
- mix till the mixture starts to separate the pan and forms a lump.
- transfer the mixture to the ghee greased plate.
- level it up and set to a block making an inch thick.
- add finely chopped pistachios or any nuts of your choice.
- press gently with the back of spoon so that the nuts stick to kalakand.
- cool completely for 2-3 hours, or refrigerate for 30 minutes. however, cooling naturally will make kalakand more moist and tasty.
- cut the kalakan into square pieces.
- finally serve or store instant kalakand for a week by refrigerating.