Motichur Ladoo || Besan Ladoo Read Count : 35
Category : Recipes
Sub Category : Desserts
- ½ cup ghee / clarified butter
- 2 cup besan / gram flour, coarse
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 pods cardamom / elachi
- 2 tbsp melon seeds
- 2 tbsp cashew / kaju, chopped
- firstly, in a large kadai heat ½ cup ghee and add 2 cup besan.
- roast on low flame until the besan is well combined with ghee. make sure to use coarse besan for grainy texture.
- continue to roast on low flame. if the mixture turns dry, add a tbsp of more ghee.
- after 20 minutes, the besan starts to release ghee.
- continue to roast until the besan turns golden brown and grainy. it may take approximately 30 minutes.
- transfer the mixture to a large bowl, allowing to cool slightly.
- meanwhile, dry roast 2 tbsp melon seeds and 2 tbsp cashew.
- roast on low flame until the nuts turn crunchy.
- add the roasted nuts to roasted besan ghee mixture.
- take 1 cup sugar and 4 pods cardamom in a blender. you can alternatively use tagar or boora.
- blend to a fine powder without adding any water.
- once the besan is cooled (slightly warm) add in powdered sugar.
- mix well making sure everything is well combined. do not add sugar if the mixture is hot, as it will melt the sugar and makes mixture watery.
- prepare a ball sized ladoo adjusting sugar as required.
- finally, enjoy besan ladoo for 2 weeks in an airtight container.